Night Of Destruction Rules
Official Davenport Speedway Night of Destruction
Trailer Race Rules
- Any car, van or pickup. No front end reinforcement of any kind allowed. All glass except the windshield must be removed before the car gets to the track. Lights and mirrors must also be removed. Only D.O.T. approved tires allowed.
- Shoulder and lap belts are required. Helmet, long sleeve shirts and long pants, and gloves are mandatory. Fire suit, flame retardant gloves and flame retardant neck roll recommended. You must arrive at the track by 6pm to have your trailer inspected.
- Any length trailer allowed. Campers, pop up’s and boat trailers are preferred. No heavy equipment trailers or manure spreaders allowed. Only D.O.T. approved tires allowed.
- Any one bringing a fiberglass boat will be required to pay a $250 deposit that will be refunded when they remove the boat. Boats must be completely cleaned out with the motor removed.
- No mattresses, appliances or used tires allowed on trailer.
- Campers must be cleaned out and appliances removed including the heater and air conditioner. Pop ups must be raced fully extended.
- Trailers must be attached by hitch and ball, free pivoting. Safety chains may be used.
- Decorating your entry with a theme is mandatory. No abusive or vulgar language allowed.
- Carnage is welcome but within discretion. Please consider the safety of fellow competitors, officials and fans. Excessive speeds are unnecessary and will not be tolerated. Watch the flag man every lap as he may need to stop the race with the red flag for safety reasons. If your trailer, trailer axle or trailer wheels fall off, you will be black flagged, again watch the flagman every lap.
Object of the race: Finish the race with your trailer attached and still functional while trying to separate the trailer of your competitor’s vehicle. Direct hits of a tow vehicle will not be tolerated and may lead to disqualification. The last three vehicles still running with their trailer attached will stopped on the front stretch and the crowd will decide who the winner is based on their efforts.
Payoff: 1st $750 2nd $250 3rd $100 Most unique entry $200
Entries will meet in front of the grandstand before the races to be judge for the most unique by the crowd.
Entry Fee: There is NO entry fee and the driver gets a FREE pit pass, the first 30 registrations will be accepted.